Powered by Blogger.



Labels

Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Growing Old

I don't have very many memories of my Grandparents- at least as far as their marriages are concerned. My grandfathers both passed away within a year of each other during my first year of college. I had wonderful grandfathers- they both have taught me so much. My grandmothers have also been wonderful examples-
The thing that I do remember the most about my Grandparents is the way that they took care of each other. My Grandpa Leavitt was a very strong man- he was a cowboy- the true kind, not the dime store variety. He could jump up on a horse by putting his hands on hate horse's hind quarters and jumping. He was and is to me bigger than life. And my Grandpa loved my Grandma. My Grandma is from England-she was a hard worker, and loved all of us- she expected us to be good children, and loved us even when we weren't. and she took care of my Grandpa for years- through each surgery, through aching and aging she was always there for him. As my Grandma started forgetting things, it was amazing to see the roles shift- the stubborn old cowboy was the most patient man, who would put my Grandma's nylons on and make sure that her dress was zipped and everything was in place.
I think that this is the greatest thing that I have learned from my Grandpa and Grandma- how to have patience and love- no matter how life changes and the situations that arise. They showed me what love is like- and how marriages are supposed to be...the kind that you want to last forever....
Someday...

1 comments:

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Awwe, what a sweet memory to share. : ) I hope things are going well for you, missy!