Yesterday when Caleb, Emily, & Liam came to pick me up from class this is what I saw:


He was heading either inside our outside when he tripped and got a nice rug burn on his face. He also had something in his eye (the same one that was scratched) before he fell so it was super red and puffy from that as well.
Today I was sitting at work when I got a call from daycare- It started with "Its not an emergency..." which instantly got my heart going! Apparently, Caleb was trying to pull a truck out of the storage closet/shelf when the entire shelf tipped over and fell on top of him, hitting him on the back. We were very lucky that:
a) his teacher was standing close and caught quite a bit of the weight
b) the main director of the daycare was standing right there and was able to help push the shelf back to upright
c) Caleb was wearing his heavy coat and the shelf hit him more in the area where he had 3 layers including the coats hat and the coat itself.
All things considered, Caleb is doing well- I picked him up early even though they assured me that he was fine- just felt better keeping him close for a while. He has a small bruise on his back- but has been his normal rowdy self. I think tomorrow I will send him in bubble wrap.



1 comments:
Makes you nervous to send them to school....But it will heal!
Congrats on the upcoming adventures!!!!
Post a Comment